WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!! Yep, that was a woo hoo! Why? Well, as I write this I have around 11 hours and 59 minutes until my Pozible Crowdfunding Campaign ends. This was a campaign I ran to raise funds for Zombie Inspiration, and I ran it like a zombie. How so? Well, I'm glad you asked. Let me explain!
1. I set a goal. You have to do this with a Pozible campaign anyway, which is AWESOME! Pozible understand zombies! THe great thing about a Pozible campaign is that you know exactly what target you are going after, funding-wise, and you also know exactly when time is going to run out, so you have an end date. This is like a zombie who wants to eat ten brains by Tuesday. It's perfect!
2. I took action. Zombies take action. They're always shuffling towards their goal, always doing something to get closer. It's easy to have an idea and then sit back, but then nothing happens. I knew that to have any chance of reaching my target, I had to do something about it. This Pozible campaign forced me to take action, posting updates, making videos, sending out media releases, asking people for help, things I don't always normally do. Some things worked, some didn't. and that was fine!
3. I stood out from the crowd. We know that in a zombie apocalypse, it's the ones who get away from the mobs who survive. I wanted to do this campaign my way, in my style. I wanted to take risks, do things no one else had done, try things I was totally scared of doing. And it was awesome and fun and exciting! You can check out the videos I made HERE!!! I followed the advice Pozible gave, and also other people who had experience, but then I took what they said and I made it my own.
4. I gave 100% Zombies do this, and I totally did too. I was NOT going to go at this half-hearted, not when it meant so much to me. I decided that no matter what happened, how fast or how slow the funding was coming in, that I would go hard. I would be like a zombie who'd had its legs chainsawed off ... I would stay positive and I would just keep going, and I would not give up until the end time was reached. If I hadn't made my target, well, at least I could say I hadn't died trying, which is a good thing to be able to say in a zombie apocalypse!
5. I avoided people who looked like they wanted to bite my face off and/or eat my brains. This is a huge one, not just in crowdfunding, but for life in general. Seriously. If someone bites your face off and/or eats your brains, well, you ain't going to be getting much done. Avoid them. Pick your battles. Know when to fight, and know when to hide and wait for your time to run. Know when to hold 'em, know when to ... oh. I can't finish that sentence. Something about lawyers and copyright.
So there it is. There were other zombie traits I used to get me thorugh, but those were the main ones, and the ones I believe we can use in our general everyday lives to get stuff done!!!. The campaign was an awesome, fun, hard, busy, exciting, rewarding experience, and now I know that there are a heap of people who will get their hands on my product as soon as I launch it. This is brilliant!!! Now I just have to make the book and course as awesome as I possibly can, and, using my zombie traits, I know I totally will!
Have a spectacular day!
PS If you'd like to check out the campaign and are reading this before 8:01pm on June 24th, 2016, well, the site's up at www.pozible.com/project/zombie-inspiration
It's true! Michael Wagner IS awesome! He's sold over 500,000 books, he's written junior readers, picture books, chapter books and serieseses. His books include the Maxx Rumble books, The Undys, and the 2016 CBCA Notable book, Why I love Footy! You can check them all out at Michael's website, www.michaelwagner.com.au
Michael joined us on Zombie Inspiration to talk about focus, and why that's so important as an author.
He also takes the Zombie Inspiration Fast Question Challenge, and gives some EXTREMELY interesting answers!
And he also also ventures to what he thought was a safe event, but ended up being bitten in the ear and turned into a zombie!!!
Enjoy the videos below, and keep an eye out for So Wrong, Michael's new book which is out in 2016. I've been lucky enough to read an advance version, and it is one of the funniest books for kids I have seen in years. The cover is below the videos, check it out!
MICHAEL WAGNER IS NOW A ZOOOOOOOOMBIE!!!
COMING IN 2016 - SO WRONG!!! GET ON ON IT!!!
GABRIELLE WANG is one of the finest and most respected creators in Australia. With over twenty published books, many with a Chinese theme reflecting her heritage, Gabrielle both writes and illustrates, but also does amazing charitable work too.
Gabrielle's books include the Pearlie books in the Our Australian Girl Series, A Ghost in my Suitcase, and the critically acclaimed, The Wishbird. Check out all Gabrielle's books HERE.
Gabrielle joined us to discuss the importance of constantly working on your craft, whatever that craft may be.
She also tells about her BRAND NEW BOOK that will come out if the zombies don't kill us all.
And finally, Gabrielle leaves her zombie safehouse in search of someone that doesn't exist, and the results are terrifying!
Click HERE to have a look at Gabrielle's website to find out all about her, and find her books at all good bookstores!
Enjoy the interviews.
GABRIELLE WANG AND HERO ARE ZOMBIES!!!!
Articles. Videos. Interviews. Superstars.